Expert Services and Specialist Instrumentation
With over 35 years of experience, the directors of H&D Fitzgerald are frequently approached to provide their expertise in density metrology.
For more information about our consultancy services, or to discuss your organisation’s needs, please contact us.
Previous Consultancy Work
We have tackled problems as diverse as:
- Measuring the density of developing fish eggs and krill without killing the beasts.
- Measuring the density of dogs for a veterinary college.
- Measuring the density of muesli biscuits for a Trading Standards case.
- Identifying fake transformer oils.
- Identifying fake polymer bearings.
- Identifying fake mosquito nets.
- Investigating the plastic properties of exploding lawnmower grass clippings boxes.
- Investigating quality control problems of spectacle lens coatings.
- Technical mediation in an international dispute over the density of printing inks.
- Technical mediation in an international dispute over the density of wood preservatives.
- Determination of the coefficient of thermal expansion (∂ρ/∂t) and compressibility (∂ρ/∂p) of liquids.
- Work on the determination and establishment of suitable measurement standards for Bio-diesel and Bio-fuels.
- Determination of expansion coefficient of produced brines from oil fields.